The success of Sunshine Village is directly tied to the incredible people who work here. We’ve built our workforce by identifying competent, compassionate professionals who have a deep desire to improve the lives of adults with disabilities. Our staff have a tremendous amount of respect for the individuals we serve and we bring a sense of accountability to everything we do.
Policies and Updates
- 2020 Handbook 6.4.2020
- Vacation Policy during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Inclement Weather Policy – Fiscal Year 2021
- Dress and Grooming Guidelines – 11.1.2020
- PTO Policy 1.1.2020
- PTO FAQ
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave
- No Smoking/Vaping Policy (Effective 01/2022)
- 401K Retirement Plan Contact Information
- FY22 Approved Holidays
- Transportation Control Plan
Sunshine Village’s Benefits Help Our Employees Shine
- Generous paid time off, including: flexible personal days, holidays
- Generous vacation time, including an extra day for your birthday
- Paid “sick time” – 40% more than the state requires
- 70% of health insurance through Health New England
- 65% of dental insurance through Delta Dental
- Free short term and long term disability insurance
- Free paid life insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Optional, discounted vision care through EyeMed
- Optional, discounted short term disability and other insurance through UNUM
- Wellness initiatives
- Employee referral bonus
- Raffles for prizes throughout the year, including “shine time” (paid time off)
- Branded gifts throughout the year
- Discounts at local businesses
- Professional development, including trainings with EANE, Training and Workforce Options, and Human Services Forum
- Free first aid/CPR, human rights and safety care trainings
Sunshine Village – EMPLOYEE CODE OF CONDUCT
Established October 2005
Reaffirmed by the Board of Directors 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, Revised 2021
Employees of Sunshine Village are committed to observing and promoting the highest standards of ethical conduct in the performance of their responsibilities and have pledged to accept this code as a minimum guideline for ethical conduct.
Each Employee shall:
- Comply with all federal and state laws, mandated regulations and agency policies.
- Act with care and diligence while performing duties and use all agency resources in the proper manner.
- Fully disclose, at the earliest opportunity, information of fact that would have significance in decision-making, including and real, potential or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by someone in the organization with the authority to give the direction.
- Behave honestly and with integrity in all Sunshine Village business dealings, including marketing and use of traditional and social media.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy and without harassment.
- Strive to uphold these practices and assist other members of the agency in upholding the highest standards of conduct with all business dealings and all contractual relationships.
- Ensure the rights of everyone associated with the agency without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to all policies of Sunshine Village regarding the exchange of gifts, money and gratuities as well as personal fundraising, personal property, setting boundaries and witnessing legal documents.
- Respect the confidentiality of sensitive information known due to employment.
All employees are responsible for compliance with all aspects of this code. All new employees shall be required to read this code and attest in writing that they have done so. The matters addressed by this code are sufficiently important that any lapse in judgment within the areas covered here may be considered serious enough to warrant discipline up to and including dismissal.