The success of Sunshine Village is directly tied to the incredible people who work here. We’ve built our staff by identifying competent, compassionate professionals who have a deep desire to improve the lives of adults with disabilities. Our staff has a tremendous amount of respect for the individuals we serve, and we bring a sense of accountability to everything we do.
We show up every day focused on the goal of making it a great day for the individuals we work with, and we continually support each other to accomplish this goal. As an Employer of Choice, Sunshine Village is committed to helping employees shine in their positions. We offer training and guidance for those who are just entering the workforce, seeking new opportunities or wishing to change their career path.
Job title: Community Specialist
Monday through Friday 8am-4pm
High School Diploma/ GED/or Equivalent
Ability to lift 30 lbs. or better and a valid driver’s license and cell phone. Willing and able to use personal vehicle- great mileage reimbursement!
Provide training and support to individuals with Developmental Disabilities and Autism to promote successful outcomes while engaging in purposeful activities and value based roles in community based settings. This includes volunteer and paid work opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a positive role model with good communication skills who can work alone and as a team.
Accepting applications at 75 Litwin Lane, Chicopee, MA 01020.
AA/EOE. Sunshine Village is a great place to work!
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Sunshine Village is a remarkable community where people with developmental disabilities are given opportunities for growth, outlets for creativity and the chance to discover their own niche. We support participants through a wide range of programs that teach life skills, foster independence, promote wellness and give everyone the chance to realize their potential.
Sunshine Village is currently recruiting for a (Part-Time) Physical Therapist. Hours can be flexible and negotiated between Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
The Physical Therapist (PT) will be responsible for providing skilled physical therapy services consistent with professional and regulatory standards and policies. Participates in the development of individualized programs necessary to achieve patient care objectives.
- Assess the physical needs of participants including ambulation, transfers, positioning and mobility.
- Develop care plans with specific objectives to meet the ambulation and mobility needs of the individual.
- Create fitness and wellness oriented programs to optimize movement and promote active lifestyles.
- Be knowledgeable of adaptive and assistive technology and recommend as appropriate.
- Make weekly visits to the programs for the purpose of monitoring implementation of therapeutic interventions and activities.
- Collaborate with homes, families, funding sources and outside physical therapists as appropriate.
- Complete quarterly progress notes for each participant receiving physical therapy services.
- Complete accurate assessments, consultations and evaluations as indicated.
- Provide direct and indirect physical therapy.
- Support training efforts support staff in all relevant areas.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program
- Current license as a PT in the state of Massachusetts
- Valid MA driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Qualified applicants should email resume, cover letter, two references and salary requirements
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org Or, apply in person at 75 Litwin Lane, Chicopee, MA 01020
Sunshine Village is a great place to work and welcomes all qualified incumbents to apply. AA/EOE
Job Title: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Sunshine Village is seeking a dynamic & energetic Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), or BCBA eligible, to work on a clinical team providing behavioral support & services for adult individuals with autism and intellectual disabilities. Sunshine Village is an Employer of Choice and a great place to work!
- Develop & monitor behavior support plans and individualized treatment plans
- Complete progress reports
- Analyze data
- Complete functional behavior assessments
- Complete skill assessments
- Conduct staff training
- Design data collection tools for staff to track behaviors
- Analyze data collected by staff
- Perform site visits as scheduled or needed
Compensation & Benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, Health & Dental, Generous time off and 401K match!
- BCBA certification or eligible
- Strong ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
Terrific Work Hours:
- Monday – Friday 8am-4pm, No Evenings or weekends or On Call!!
- Willing to consider Part-Time or Flex Schedule
Send resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com . AA/EOE
Sunshine Village Employment Policies
Sunshine Village is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. As stated in our EEO/ Affirmative Action Policy, it is the policy of Sunshine Village to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran or military status.
Sunshine Village is a great place to work! Please note, available positions may frequently change.
Please find Sunshine Village’s “Notice of Nondiscrimination” below:
Notice of Nondiscrimination:
Sunshine Village complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Sunshine Village does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Sunshine Village provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
– Qualified sign language interpreters
– Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
– Qualified interpreters
– Information written in other languages
If you need services, contact Michelle Depelteau. If you believe that Sunshine Village has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Michelle Depelteau, 75 Litwin Lane Chicopee, MA 01020, phone: 413-592-6142, Fax- 413-598-0478, Email- firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need help filing a grievance, Michelle Depelteau is available to help you. You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD) Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
Spanish: ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-508-383-1524.
Portuguese: ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis. Ligue para 1-508-383-1524.
Chinese: 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-508-383-1524.
Haitian Creole: ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1-508-383-1524.
Vietnamese: CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-508-383-1524.
Russian: ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные
услуги перевода. Звоните 1-508-383-1524.
Arabic: mulahizat: ‘iidha kunt ‘aqul fi rusia, thumm ladayk alwusul ‘iilaa khadamat alttarjamat
alhirrat. daewat 1-508-383-1524.
Cambodian: ប្រយ័ត្ន៖ បរើសិនជាអ្នកនិយាយ ភាសាខ្មែ រ, បសវាជំនួយខ្ននកភាសា
បោយមិនគិត្ឈ្ន ួល គឺអាចមានសំរារ់រំបរ ើអ្នក។ ចូ រ ទូរស័ព្ទ1-508-383-1524។
French: ATTENTION: Si vous parlez français, des services d’aide linguistique vous sont
proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 1-508-383-1524.
Italian: ATTENZIONE: In caso la lingua parlata sia l’italiano, sono disponibili servizi di
assistenza linguistica gratuiti. Chiamare il numero 1-508-383-1524.
Korean: 주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수
있습니다. 1-508-383-1524 번으로 전화해 주십시오.
Greek: ΠΡΟΣΟΧΗ: Αν μιλάτε ελληνικά, στη διάθεσή σας βρίσκονται υπηρεσίες γλωσσικής υποστήριξης, οι οποίες παρέχονται δωρεάν. Καλέστε 1-508-383-1524.
Polish: UWAGA: Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 1-508-383-1524.
Hindi: ध्यान दें: यदि आप हिंदी बोलते हैं तो आपके लिए मुफ्त में भाषा सहायता सेवाएं उपलब्ध हैं। 1-508-383-1524 पर कॉल करें।
Gujarati: સુચના: જો તમે ગુજરાતી બોલતા હો, તો નિ:શુલ્ક ભાષા સહાય સેવાઓ તમારા માટે ઉપલબ્ધ છે. ફોન કરો 1-508-383-1524.